• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank you for helping my get my Gaming PC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TopAce

Disabled
Hello all,

You probably are getting a little annoyed with a lot of my post's about my Gaming PC. I finally recieved my Gaming PC from Dell this afternoon. I set it up in minutes! I got everything set up and am now currently going to play Counter-Strike! I would play more advanced games, but other than Counter-Strike and Desert Combat, i have no games! Most people in here are probably really mad with me because of two reasons. 1) I did not go with AMD to build a Gaming Computer, and 2) Did not build my own! I have a couple responses to that!
First off, i wan't to say that my Uncle, who is a IT guy for a worldwide company helped with this purchase. I sent him an e-mail with all the parts you guys suggested. He said that i could get a better system especially for games. He also told me he asked guys at work, who are into the whole Gaming part and said that in today's world, it would be better to buy one because you can get them for cheap! He guided me towards Dell. I was a little hesitent about it because I heard you guy's hate Dell! I found out if I ordered it i would get a 1)15% off employee discount plus 25% off, 2) A free printer, 3) A nice 6-piece sound system!, 4) Free 17 inch. LCD moniter, 5) Logitech MX 500 gaming mouse, 5) Warrenty!
Thank you all for your understanding of why i went with Dell. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase! If you still don't see why i went with Dell, please ignore this topic completely. Don't worry, i plan not on visiting these forums again. I do not want to create a flame war. This thread is simply a thanks to all those great computer minds who helped me pick my parts for a PC. IT wasn't a PC i built by myself, but i used your knowledge to help me choose the best parts for my Dell 8400 Gaming PC! It rules....

Here are some highlights of it...

3.4Ghz Pentium 4 Processor with Hyper Threading!
256mg GeForce 6800 GT PCI-EXPRESS graphics card :)
A nice sound system and sound card with a Sub.
17" LCD moniter
1GB 533mhz DDR2 ram (2x512)
Intel 925X chipset!

Thanks again for your help in my great quest to get a Gaming PC!

TopAce

I'm OUT!!

TopAce said:
...........Don't worry, i plan not on visiting these forums again..........
You'll be back, oh yes, you will be back.........

First of all.....
kraven said:
You'll be back, oh yes, you will be back.........

:D

Secondly, I doubt anyone here will be mad at you for getting a Dell. They're good machines and the one you got is definitely powerful, and with the coupon codes, quite cheap as well.
However, it's too bad you won't get the experience of building a machine yourself, ah well, perhaps next time. ;)

I always hated dell not because of their prices but because when my friend got one he benchmarked it and it came no where near where the same system would be if it wasen't using the good "dell parts." Just my .02

Spec

nice purchase i dont mind recomendeding dells to anyone that does not want to deal with building one by themselves but i prefer it because i know every single part of my computer and also when i want to overclock i just go into bios and viola there it is my overclock but good luck with your purchase...

and also about the not coming back... bull that is what i thought when i first signed up for help with something and look at me now i am on the forums all day long and i just reached my 6th star... and when it was down the other day it felt like my arm had gotten cut off. :D

I think you could have built the same system on newegg for probably 500 or so less. But hey to each his own. Good luck with it

EDIT: to test my theory I just built a system on newegg that is to your specs -- about 1000 dollars and that is using name brand parts -- not crappy mobos / ram / hdds / vid cards that dell uses

Spec

Spec_Ops2087 said:
I think you could have built the same system on newegg for probably 500 or so less. But hey to each his own. Good luck with it

EDIT: to test my theory I just built a system on newegg that is to your specs -- about 1000 dollars and that is using name brand parts -- not crappy mobos / ram / hdds / vid cards that dell uses

Spec

Well, Dell does use "name brand" parts. I believe their motherboards are MSI, their HDD's are either Maxtor or WD, Ram is probably Samsung, and although I don't know their Video Card manufacturer, I'm sure they're decent. They just get the parts slightly customised for their use, with changes mainly with the motherboard.

Aslan said:
Well, Dell does use "name brand" parts. I believe their motherboards are MSI, their HDD's are either Maxtor or WD, Ram is probably Samsung, and although I don't know their Video Card manufacturer, I'm sure they're decent. They just get the parts slightly customised for their use, with changes mainly with the motherboard.

Last I checked (this is from looking at my friends PC which is about a year old) -- it had a Intel motherboard, maxtor Hard Drive, Samsung RAM, and some no name Video card. Aside from that, I highly doubt their ram / HDDs are top of the line...more like the cheapest peices you can get so they can get a bigger profit. Simple business -- as long as it works who cares how fast since the average computer buyer dosen't know the difference from a 350Mhz to a 3Ghz computer.

Spec

Well it looks nice. Im sure you'll be happy with it, it's hardly gonna struggle with any games, and with it being PCI Express it's a bit future proof.

Id still of built my own using an AMD Athlon 64 myself though.

Ah well, seems you got a lot off the price. :)

Congrats on the new rig. I am sure it will bring you much joy.

No one is "mad" at you, they just wanted to offer you advice that in there opinion was what was best for you.

I doesn't matter if you build it yourself or buy a Dell. As long as your computing experiance is enjoyable thats all that matter.

Good luck and have fun.

Its stupid them calling it a gaming pc considering AMD is hands down the best with gaming i knoe u jus got this and this isnt good news for ya but ......

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/sh...spx?i=2275&p=10

look for your self .. but hey if your ever encoding video or alot of multitasking you can be happy with it ....

There is no noticible difference to the human eye. I've had both a A64 and a p4. they are both the same!

Dells are great for someone who dosen't know much about computers. I recommend them to friends, partialy for the fact they have great customer service and can help if anything goes wrong. If I didn't build my own... I'd go with a Dell. Congrats on the new computer!

Spec_Ops2087 said:
.more like the cheapest peices you can get so they can get a bigger profit.

Spec

and then the more returns and money they spend on replacement parts - Samsung is not cheap ram if that is what they are using

when i got my p4 dell 2.4 it cam with Samsung Rambus and a WD 120g HD with a Bult By ATi 9700PRO.

Mr.Guvernment said:
and then the more returns and money they spend on replacement parts - Samsung is not cheap ram if that is what they are using

when i got my p4 dell 2.4 it cam with Samsung Rambus and a WD 120g HD with a Bult By ATi 9700PRO.

By all means no. I am not calling Samsung RAM cheap at all. I am simply mentioning that they have different versions of their ram from the basic generic peices (probably what dell uses) to their high end brands.

Spec

Back