• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank you for helping my get my Gaming PC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You got an excellent deal on that dell.

I think most people here advice against buying name brand machines. Here's my reasons:

1) I like the satisfaction I get out of building my own PC, and I like knowing that every single part in the rig is the brand, speed, and quality that I wanted.
2) I prefer my own tech support and warranty than someone elses. Instead of having something go wrong and have someone else have to replace the part, I can replace it myself by RMA'ing the only part that is bad- instead of having to send in the whole unit to be repaired.
3) I like to be given the freedom to upgrade/replace parts on my PC to whatever part I want. Brand name PC's often use proprietary motherboards, cases, PSU's, and other parts. And the parts that you can replace- you are often not allowed to- or else your warranty/tech support may be voided or limited due to making a change to the original configuration.
4) I also like to be given the option to overclock my CPU. Most brand name systems are not overclockable.

But that's not to say a Dell isn't good for you. Same applies to AOL, Macs, and some of the other technologies that people often frown upon around here. Whatever works for you is all that matters. I think $1500 is a great deal for what you got.

diggingforgold said:
You got an excellent deal on that dell.

I think most people here advice against buying name brand machines. Here's my reasons:

1) I like the satisfaction I get out of building my own PC, and I like knowing that every single part in the rig is the brand, speed, and quality that I wanted.
2) I prefer my own tech support and warranty than someone elses. Instead of having something go wrong and have someone else have to replace the part, I can replace it myself by RMA'ing the only part that is bad- instead of having to send in the whole unit to be repaired.
3) I like to be given the freedom to upgrade/replace parts on my PC to whatever part I want. Brand name PC's often use proprietary motherboards, cases, PSU's, and other parts. And the parts that you can replace- you are often not allowed to- or else your warranty/tech support may be voided or limited due to making a change to the original configuration.
4) I also like to be given the option to overclock my CPU. Most brand name systems are not overclockable.

But that's not to say a Dell isn't good for you. Same applies to AOL, Macs, and some of the other technologies that people often frown upon around here. Whatever works for you is all that matters. I think $1500 is a great deal for what you got.

i'll second that one :)

Back