• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best ramsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ramsinks are ramsinks......as long as you have some you're good to go. I'd say go for the OCZs as they will suit you very well.

deception``

Schalldampfer said:
They're just chunks of copper, aren't they?

Yes and no. They are made out of copper, but they function in the same manner as a heatsink would on a processor. In other words, they work to dissipate heat over the memory and, in turn, allow it to run colder. And like a heatsink, it's affects will be enhanced with a well-placed fan.

deception``

it would really cool to have lil fans on those ....

as long as space aint a big issue in general its one of those bigger is better deals maybe tht give u some advice .. not TOO big ..

NOT deceptive ``

Good thinking, alright tommorrow im going to plan little fans on them, lol not, But i have lots of space being a thermaltake xaser3...lol...

Those huge ramsinks that ViperJohn on this board makes are proboly the best Ramsinks you can buy. He also has a method of attaching them that will not void your warranty by using a custom designed clamping system. You should shoot him a msg if you want to get some elite ramsinks :D.

The OCZ Copper RAMSinks are about as good as it gets on a budget. They've got the best design, because they're solid copper, and have nice thin fins on them.

Be sure to apply them with Arctic Alumina Epoxy though, the thermal tape that they come with is pretty terrible at heat transfer, and makes them semi-useless.

I should add that a decent 80mm fan in your side panel will actually usually do more for your memory overclock than RAMSinks will.

Jacobman said:
Well maybe i should specify, Ones that will fit with a artic silencer1 fan?
Well, those OCZ bga RAMsinks and the Zalman ones I linked to should probably work. I know the tweakmonsters work but they are expensive and not really worth the cost.
Anyone else know of any?

Back