• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-94 in Antec Aria

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aharpro26

Registered
I want better cooling on my 2.8C. I found that the ThermalRight SP-94 is good. The specs show that it will not fit beneath the power supply
Dimension on ThermalRight Website:
L99 x W59 x H45 (mm) Top, without fan
L67 x W81 x H45 (mm) Bottom, without fan

I was wondering if i could use a slimmer fan because they recommend (but does not include) is a 35mm width. So, the total height of it would be 70mm (2.75590 in.) This heatsink does not use the stock heatsink clip that comes with most motherboards though. This would effect the maximum height of the hsf. Also, the Antec Aria comes with some thing i can suspend the Fan for the CPU from. Will that help me in this situation? Does anybody have experience with this combination or know anything about this combo?

I was wondering if i could use a slimmer fan because they recommend (but does not include) is a 35mm width.

Most fan thicknesses are 25mm and 38mm for HS's...It will fit 92mm and 80mm fans on HS..

This heatsink does not use the stock heatsink clip that comes with most motherboards though. This would effect the maximum height of the hsf.

The stock retension bracket would be removed and the X-plate mounts on the back of the mobo, not effecting HS height..
I have the HS, but not the case..:(:burn::) See sig of rig, below..

can you still buy the SP-94? Its either out of stock or really expensive in a lot of places, as its been replaced by the XP-90. Theres a debate over which ones better however, they are very close, but Id go wiht the copper of the SP-94 over the aluminum of the XP-90

I dont belive that will fit...however have you looked at the SLK-948? Im pretty sure that is slim enough to fit.

<note to people replying>

Keep in mind that the Aira is a SFF box. The XP90 wont work

SP-94s will accomodate 70, 80, and 92mm fans. You could use a 70x10mm fan if you really need to. I find 80x32mm works best on my SP-94, but in your application the small performance losses from a slimmer fan would be purely acceptable.

If you have enough clearence, how about digging around for an 80x10 or 80x15 fan? There's a Sanyo 80x15 on Sidewinder, and you can find the Zalman 80x10 fan they use on their heatpipe GPU coolers easily enough.

I found a Zalman 80x15mm (ZM-OP1). It will fit with a 45mm (total height = 2.36 in.) So which heatsink is the best? or is there another company other than Thermalright that makes better heatsinks for a p4? I heard the Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu (copper huge heatsink) fits in the Aria. I might just go with the Zalman hsf

Since you can't put much of a fan on the HS, the added cooling of the SP-94 w/ heat pipes would be my choice if you can find one...:(
Ebay is the only place that has any to my knowledge..:)

Back