• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ahh wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok i burned all ISO's of Mandrake.
I put CD in drive and it wont boot up...
iv set the boot device to CDROM seeing as i dont have a Floppy drive.

any other way to do it ? can it be done through DOS prompt ?

It cannot be done through the dos prompt.

What happens when you try to boot the CD? Is the system trying to boot off the drive and giving you an error that it is a non system disk? Or does it just not try to boot off the CD and goes right to the HD?

I don't know mandrake that well, but I know that gentoo can be installed from a 1.44 floppy.

Kling, I didn't know that, thanks.

ps2cho, go into your bios and change your boot order. You need to put the CDROM before the hard drive. In some cases, it will still ask you to press a key to boot off the cdrom.

i did. but i got it now. i thought maybe was a bad CD copy.
made anothey copy and its loading =) thanks guys. ill post again if im having problems installin

ahhh wait. i havnt got enough space on HDD for Mandrake...Hmm how can i get to a DOS prompt at startup without my windows CD+floppy drive..anyway i can do it ?

Yeah, you can go into safe mode and choose command prompt. Hit F8 during the boot (when windows is loading, it will prompt you). It will bring you to a menu.

Ok got it....Ok im at the Partioning Step of installiation...
Its says :

The follwing installation media have been found.
If you want to skip some of them, you can unselect them now
CD 1
CD 2
CD 3
Installation CD 4 (KDE 3.3)

Im guessing i just uncheck the 4th cd ?

ps2cho said:
Ok got it....Ok im at the Partioning Step of installiation...
Its says :

The follwing installation media have been found.
If you want to skip some of them, you can unselect them now
CD 1
CD 2
CD 3
Installation CD 4 (KDE 3.3)

Im guessing i just uncheck the 4th cd ?

It doesn't matter. When you get to the point where it asks for the 4th CD, you cn just skip over it. It has the special packages that people pay for. All you need for a working install is 1-3

Back