• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help PLEASE Geforce 2 gone kaput

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

Hi
I have a 4 yr old non o/c athlon 1.4 ghz pc
the video card is a "WinFast Geforce2 Pro" card
i installed a usb2 pci card yesterday and then a webcam.
My video card then said the driver was corrupt or missing, THEN my troubles began. I looked for a driver for it but alas there was no results.
Then I uninstalled all my video crivers and winfox1 and rebooted it was ok but the refrsh rate could not be changed. it did not say what hz it was just some text about hardware. So i looked for an nvidia driver on the nvidia site and found an 2k xp66.93 druver. i installed it and it was ok. but i still could not change the refrsh rate. so imagined it would be ok afyter a reboot. shut it down for the night and tried to boot it up this morning but it went through normally to the xp splash screen then went blsck and stopped working the fans and everything was still going but it was a blank sreen. every time i try to strt it it does he same. occasionally it will do a disk check but then hangs on the results screen. i am writng this on my mums laptop so i need some replies and help fast PLease im begging

Have you tried to go under safe mode and remove then reinstall the driver's? Also you might have set the clock's to high on the vcard hodl the cntrl key after the loading screen.

...can you boot in safe mode? Get Driver Cleaner, then try re-installing your card. http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3214 It's 1.4 meg, but somehow I doubt it will fit on a floppy, hopefully you can boot into safemode with networking...

...obviously this is a hardware conflict, try losing the USB card(I don't think that's the prob), and the webcam, it's not your vidcard, my guess is the webcam is not compatible with your card. Check the manufacturer's site for your webcam, they may have a patch for older vidcards...

Back