• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you play your DVDs from your PC to TV w/o messing up your desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

First off, I like my Display at 1280x1024 and the icons where they are.

Now, if I make my TV my primary display using the CAT drivers and play a DVD, my TV display ends up smaller than my PC display; this means I don't see the whole screen and have to pan around. The only way I know of to fix this is to set my display Resolution smaller (1024x768). This, however, TOTALLY messes up my Icons on my Desktop.

What is the fundamental thing I'm missing??????

PS: I'm using like CAT 4.10 or so with a 9700 Pro, P95F+ CRT and Sony TV.

I guess what I'm asking is do you people set your resolution down to match the TV resolution before playing your DVDs in full screen mode from your PC?
Doing this usually moves around all your Desktop icons which is annoying.
Plenty of games change the screen res without messing up your desktop but the players don't give you resolution choices.

What do you people do to play your DVDs?

Well I don't have my PC connected to a TV, but I know of a program that might help your situation. UltraMon, is a program typically used for dual monitor setups, it can allow you to set specific resolutions for certain programs then return it to the origional res with all the icons back in the right places. It should do what you need.

I think you can download a 30 day trial from http://www.ultramon.com

Back