• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on how to set up 2nd monitor in AMD catalyst control center

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

I just got my 2nd monitor today and I'm having some issues getting it working like I want.

Just to get one thing out of the way. AMD center thinks my new monitor is number 2 but I have it set to my primary monitor. Windows display settings calls my new monitor #1.

Okay well when I first started up my computer with the new monitor plugged in, my new monitor just showed a backround image (the windows window) with no icons or taskbar or anything. Then I opened my AMD catalyst control center and started messing with things. Now I have it so that both monitors are displaying my desktop. My new one is the primary now and the old one is also showing my desktop (they're working together like one big monitor).

The problem is that when I start a program (like a game for instance) it shows up on both monitors (like the whole thing is on one monitor and then an exact duplicate of the whole game is on the other monitor). For instance when I fire up SWTOR each monitor is showing a resolution of 3900 x 900 (the resolution set for the combined showing of my monitors) which makes for a very condensed ugly picture. I want to have my games start up only on one monitor so that I can browse the net or talk on skype on the old monitor. And i want the resolution of that game to be 1920 x 1080. Any ideas how to do this in AMD catalyst control center?

I just disabled Eyefinity display group. When I identify my monitors in windows display settings it shows each monitor as being "1|2". After disabling eyefinity display group each monitor is now showing the exact same picture as the other one. But I still can't get a game to show up just on my main monitor.

Back