• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Furious

Anyone happen to have 3 ethernet cables sitting around???? I just bought a switch to hook up some extra computers for folding but I dont have any more cable left. I will gladly pay shipping charges.

Try this, go to where the local SBC or Comcast or RCN office is. (Whatever cable company that has High Speed Internet in your area is called.) They have a TON of that stuff just lying around. People turn in their old boxes along WITH the CAT5 cables they got with thier High Speed Modems.

That stuff just sits there till someone throws it away. I could ship you some, but why pay for shipping when all you have to do is fin out where the technicians meet that service your area.

Also, try stopping a cable service van. Those guys usually have a few cables on them too! (Just lie and tell them you have thier service but didn't want to call in a trouble call just for them to run out and give you CAT5!! They will be so happy for you not wasting thier time they will give you all the CAT5 you can carry.)

TommyHolly said:
Try this, go to where the local SBC or Comcast or RCN office is. (Whatever cable company that has High Speed Internet in your area is called.) They have a TON of that stuff just lying around. People turn in their old boxes along WITH the CAT5 cables they got with thier High Speed Modems.

That stuff just sits there till someone throws it away. I could ship you some, but why pay for shipping when all you have to do is fin out where the technicians meet that service your area.

Also, try stopping a cable service van. Those guys usually have a few cables on them too! (Just lie and tell them you have thier service but didn't want to call in a trouble call just for them to run out and give you CAT5!! They will be so happy for you not wasting thier time they will give you all the CAT5 you can carry.)
Tommy does your position in the NG have anything to do with supply acquisition?? ;) ..............JK

Haha, well your are getting tohughs cables can you pick me up a few burgers from the dumpster at Burger King. Just messing not to sure how well that will work but might as well try not like you will ever see that driver or the people at that company again, and no point in letting them go to waste.

Last edited:
belorsch said:
Tommy does your position in the NG have anything to do with supply acquisition?? ;) ..............JK

LOL, nah. I work for a cable company. In the USAF, we're lucky to have a Pentium I PC!

Back