• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new PSU fan isn't spinning, but Mobo light turns green, broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

booshleeka

Registered
Started building a new computer today. Put in the new Asus P4C Deluxe and when i turned on the computer the Mobo green LED came on, but the Power supply fan isn't spinning. Does that mean it's broken? Should the PSU fan sping without anything attached to it? b/c mine doesn't when I plug in just the power supply and turn it on.

Wait, are you saying that you're booting into windows without the psu fan spinning? Or are you saying that with the psu on and everything connected (green light on mobo) not a boot situation and the fans don't spin? Or are you saying you've just plugged in the psu only and the fans don't spin?

First case is bad. Second and Third cases are normal. You need the mobo or connect 2 of the plugs on the mobo connector of the psu for the psu to start the fans.

I plugged in both the 20 pin ATXPWR connector and the 4-pin CPU power plug, but when i start it up, I only see a green led on my Asus P4c800 deluxe, but the fan doesn't spin.
I have also installed the CPU heatsink/fan and connected the power for that, but the cpu fan doesn't spin neither

if you mean the wire for the black round power button in the front, then no i haven't. Let me try that

i just plugged in the wire for the front ATX power switch still same results, green light on mobo, nothing else going on.

Back