• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s soundstorm vs. audigy gamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

benefits from one to the other ..

aslo what would be a fair going price if i were to sell my audigy gamer ?

80 bucks or less for the card itself (referring to an audigy2 card) but a sucker is born every minute ;)

If you can't tell the difference by listening or you don't play games then soundstorm will suffice. The good thing about soundstorm is that it's a lot better than most if not all onboard sound solutions but it can't compare to an audigy2.

I use soundstorm and I like it, nor would i ever consider buying an Audigy 2. Definately not worth the money in my opinion, since Soundstorm sounds perfectly good.

the only thing good about sound storm is the on the fly dd decoding. Otherwise it uses the same ac97 codec as all onboard sound does.

i think soundstorm sounds excellent. i don't really see a point in spending an extra $80 on something that you already have. soundstorm is widely known to be the best onboard sound available and comparable to the audigy in most cases from the reviews i've read. heck, the soundstorm even uses fewer cpu cycles than the audigy will.

Back