• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.NET Framework

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asusradeon

Laterly ive been making some software on VB express Beta but when i try to run them on my Win 98 laptop it says "To run this application, you must first intall the foloing version of .NET Framework: v2.0.40607 Contact your application publisher for instructions on how to obtain .NET framework." How can i make these pieces of software so that they dont need .NET framework.

Any help would be grateful

Thx

You will need an older version of VB. The older versions require a special .dll file instead. Either way your going to need something. The older versions use a different set of functions so you will also have to rewrite the application.

Xenocode is a program that does obfuscation, but it also has a feature to imbed the needed parts of the .Net framework within the assembly, thus removing the requirement to have the .Net framework installed.

k, ive downloaded XenoCode and read through the help files embeded the .NET Framework but when i try to run the output file nothing happens. Can u help ?

From what I remember, Win98 can't run .net 2.0, only .net 1.1
So you might be out of luck on windows98. Try and install the .Net 2.0 CLR on windows98. However, VB.net 2003 and VB.net both run with .net 1.x so they definitely can run on win9x.

.NET 2.0 is still beta, though. If you need to deploy the application in the next 6 months I'd stick with 1.1. MS does not have a free, Express-like IDE for .NET 1.1, but as long as you use .NET 1.1 classes exclusively, you can code it with the VB.NET Express IDE and compile it with the .NET 1.1 command line compiler.

Back