• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IDE controller error after installing SATA Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darthbader

Registered
I installed and formatted a new SATA WD2000JD-22HBB0 to my pc. After I installed the new drive every time I boot my computer i get the windows hardware installer pop up and it attempts to install an IDE controller. Then I get an error and it says that the device will not work properly. I then go into my computer and the drive is there. I write files and and pull files from the drive and it works. The real problem is that everytime the computer boots I get the same error. Any suggestions?

System Specs:
SATA WD2000JD-22HBB0 - Hard drive 200 GB
Maxtor 80 GB Ultra ATA - hard drive.
P4P8X Flashed with P4P800 bios. - Motherboard
P4 3.0 Ghz socket 478 800 FSB - processor
512 MB pc3200 memory
Soundblaster Audigy 2
ATI TV wonder VE
256 MB XFX G-Force 4 5200 Video

:bang head

I would suggest you go to Settings->Administrative Tools-> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management and look and see if you see any anomoly messages there. You may also be able to set some settings there that could correct your problem. Remember to back-up everything first.

Back