• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox sluggish after loading webpages...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigss

Ive recently switched from IE to firefox and i'm beginning to notice a irritating pause right after a page loads... i cant scroll or do anything for like 1 second, even after the page has loaded everything... I never had this in IE... is this just something Im going to have to deal with in firefox?

I never had that, on any versions. Firefox was always 10x faster than IE.

I just recently (ie:two hours ago) switched from Firefox to IE2/Maxthon. It looks like IE, but isnt. It has tabbed browsing and all the cool features of Firefox, but it doesnt have issues with Flash, Java, and countless other plugins.

I've never heard of/had that problem either. Firefox has always worked without any kind of post-pageload lag... Have you tried any speed tweaks for Firefox? If so, I'd try undoing them (in case they're the source), and if not I'd try making them (since they may solve the problem).

mysubaruimp said:
I just recently (ie:two hours ago) switched from Firefox to IE2/Maxthon. It looks like IE, but isnt.
[nitpick]IE2/Maxthon is IE. No ifs, ands or buts. The reason it has such great compatibility is because hidden underneath of it, it uses IE to render and manage everything. IE2/Maxthon is certianly a lot better than the vanilla IE because of the modern features it offers, but it's still prone to almost every bug IE is.[/nitpick]

JigPu

I just switched from Maxthon to Firefox, and Firefox is faster and its more tweakable. Although it doesn't have as many features straight from the package as Maxthon, downloading the extensions will get you close to the amount of features Maxthon has. But the main reason why i'm giving this browser a try is because of how fast it can display pages vs. Maxthon.

I would check the sticky to tweak Firefox, see if that would help, otherwise I would visit the Firefox support forums.

well i got it fixed... it was some extension i had(text to image or something like that... never even saw what it in work) was really slowing me down

Back