• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimal Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well I suspect I am not getting optimal cooling for the cpu and video card overclocking I plan to do soon... My case has 2 rather large hols on each side of the case with no fans and are closeable. I have an 80 mm Tornado as an exaust and a front 80 mm generic slow (when i say slow I kean slow hardly and flow) as a intake at the front bottom of the case, this is not really intake because there is no actuall opening in the front of the case so I would need to do some cutting and modding to get a good flow hole there... Thos eare all the mounted case fans I have then I have 2 case fans sitting on the bottom of the case blowing up at the video card and what not, they are just there for my old MX440 that I had OCd to the breaking point on stock cooling. I am suspecting my case cooling could be better so what do I need to do to get better airflow over the needed areas of the case or case as a whole..
Here are my heat generating components:
ASUS K8V SE Dx Mobo
AMD64 3200 Hammer
BFG 6800 Ultra(gotta check make shure fans on tight :rolleyes: lol)
My mobo temp reader says its about 30-32 C and my CPU is only about 2 C hotter acording to mobo/cpu temp readers...
I may end up putting a little better NB Chipset HS/F on my NB(see other post)
Even though I am new to this overclocking I want to get good cooling to push my system to as far as it can go on air :)

Thanks for the help as cooling seems o be the OCers biggest obstacle...

I think that some pics of your rig would definietly help. At least post some links to site iwth pics of your case, like manufacturer's or from review.

Anyway if you're not going to have filters, some fans blowing out, under PSU, are enough.

Back