• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fac_29

Been looking around for a new Motherboard for my system but can't decide which to get :(
I'm on a bit of a limited budget so the NF7-S is a little out of my price range.
The 2 i've been looking at are the NF7 and the NF7-S2G. I was gonna get the Abit NF7-S2G until i read a few unfavourable things about it(like no multiplier). What do you guys think? Or would you recommend another board entirely? I'm wanting a board with onboard sound and Lan really...

If you're on a budget, I'd recommend the NF7, its like the NF7-S just without s-ata and soundstorm - of course there's another onboard audio solution. The overclocking abilities are the same. Don't put your hand on any other Abit nforce2 board than the NF7-S and the NF7.

Thanks. I'll check all those out. The dfi ultra infinity looks to be around the same price as the NF-S.
I was gonna just buy a seperate soundcard, or do you think i'd be better puttin that cash towards the NF7-S? Is Soundstorm certified stuff pretty good?

Just found a DFI Infinity NF2 Ultra at a pretty decent price. Is it worth getting over the NF7-S? Its about £10($20) cheaper.

Last edited:
I'm in the UK though Aphex, or i'd most probably be interested!
Cheapest i can find it over here is £60, around $100(with the current exchange rate).

i got soundstorm hooked up to my 5.1 reciever via optical spdif and it sounds great. should we be talking about selling here?

Ended up ordering the Dfi Infinity NF2 Ultra after finding one at a great price, a bit cheaper than the cheapest NF2-S ver 2 i'd found. Thanks for the recommendation Pershoot :)

Nearly made a very big mistake! I saw what i thought was an NF7-S version 2 for around $10 cheaper than the DFI and very nearly went for that, then looking at the picture it didn't look quite right. Closer inspection revealed it to be an "NF7-S2"! Now, i just wonder how many ppl have made that mistake ;)

Cant wait to get my new DFI :p

Do all NF7's have the overclocking problem (the one in the sticky, where you have to go into the BIOS and change the APIC before formatting)? And does it always work? I dont really mind reformatting, but would you have to do anything else to it, any mods?

Back