• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case... high temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mxthunder

I got this new case the other day, and transferred everything over. I have been toying with the fan setup, and cannot get my temps down. I was overclocked with my old case running cooler temperatures than I am now with the new case UNDERCLOCKED! :mad: :mad: Here is a pic of the case. What fan arrangement would you suggest? Currently I have the side as an intake and the rear as an exhaust. There isnt any front vents, so even if I did mount a fan up there, I dont think it would help.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

maybe this will help. when i put together my main rig i immediately had to drag it down from cape code to belize. when i got here, there was so much shaking that i had to reseat the processor, so i did that without thinking. what i didn't realize is that when you remove the heatsink you have to reapply the thermal paste. that made it run hot. well within amd specs, but not within mine. get yourself some as5 and clean that old stuff off.

Try arranging the cables in a different matter, if you haven't done so already. Does the PSU have a fan underneath it's chassis? I'm no genius when it comes to cooling but I found that the best way for me to get my temps down in my case was to use high rpm fans, that's just me though, I don't mind the noise much.

Pop out the 2 floppy blanks and mount a fan there.. Cases with power bottons lower center are not very good for OC cooling... The buttons interfer with the intake fan mounts and vents..:(

I got the same case as you. all i did for good cooling was made the side, and back fans intake air. I then added a top blowhole for exaust. It worked good with out the top blowhole to though so you dont have to cut up your case. oh one more thing REPLACE the side fan, and the one in the psu if possible. One of the fins broke off and took out my sound card :cry:

what i did about the front intake was cut out two holes on either side of the power button box thing, and i put some of that mesh that on stereos over the holes. It works pretty good.

Hmmm... all good ideas. I will look into it today. My old case had one intake in the lower front with a good vent infront of it, and a luvered vent along the bottom side, and one exhuast on the back, below the PSU. This PSU only has 1 fan out the rear. I never took off the heatsink, or processor, so it should be fine.

In my opinion side in and rear out aren't bad, but it's only a guess. Better check heatsink mounting - perhaps you have done something wrong. Even with crappy case CPUs should run nicely with stock speed, and this case doesn't look that bad.

Ah, Im starting to think that maybe its not worth modding the case. My idle case temp is 91-93F, and idle CPU is 102-104 up from 100F. These temps are with it over clocked from 1.883 to 2.1ghz.

Back