• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Four stick overclockers????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelranger

I am wondering if anyone is OCing with 4 sticks of RAM??? If so what FSbs are you getting and how?? I have great memory, cooling yet have trouble at 245 and above.

Did you buy the memory in pairs?
Try it with all 4, do some stability and benchmarking tests.Write down the results and then try it 1 pair at a time(assuming you bought them in pairs) with stability and benching tests again. Sorry I can't help you further.

Some time ago i had the opportunity to test 4*256mb BH-5.

Set up in pairs, they would all run within +/- 2 FSB of each other (all banks tested).

When all modules were in, I my stable max OC was decreased by 10 FSB!!

I seem to recall, Anandtech having done extensive testing on different memory configs, with similar results...

I spent about a month testing configs and I can hit 277 with one or two sticks with a third stick and a 4th I can only bearly pass 240..
I'll check out Anandtech's testing. I would be happy with an fsb 10 less than my best achieved with 2 sticks

argg that dosent seem too promising i guess another gig of ram is out of question for me considering im stuck where im at fsb wise i can afford to lose more

Don K said:
Some time ago i had the opportunity to test 4*256mb BH-5.

Set up in pairs, they would all run within +/- 2 FSB of each other (all banks tested).

When all modules were in, I my stable max OC was decreased by 10 FSB!!

I seem to recall, Anandtech having done extensive testing on different memory configs, with similar results...

I'm running 4x256mb. Corsair XMS PC3200C2, 2 sticks are v4.1 and 2 sticks are v6.1 When I run 2 sticks(512mb), I can run 230FSB stable, but with all 4 sticks I can only run at 219 stable. When I build my 775 system, you can count on me getting a matched pair of DDR2.

RangerXLT8
I'm working on my Plan for my second (build of) the 775--I have the chip already!!!
The Asus P5AD2-E Premium seems to be really dependable so I may have to go that way.
Which MB are you eyeing and which Mem. I just moved from NJ to NM!
Back to my 4 stick prpblem, my memory is exactly the same.. But I am happy at 240 FSB compared to no OC...

rebelranger said:
RangerXLT8
I'm working on my Plan for my second (build of) the 775--I have the chip already!!!
The Asus P5AD2-E Premium seems to be really dependable so I may have to go that way.
Which MB are you eyeing and which Mem. I just moved from NJ to NM!
Back to my 4 stick prpblem, my memory is exactly the same.. But I am happy at 240 FSB compared to no OC...

What timings are you at with 240 FSB, also what ratio are you running?

I haven't really looked at specific parts yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with an Asus motherboard and Corsair DDR2, maybe TWIN2X1024-5400C2. I'm going to wait maybe 6 months untill there's more people who can share their experiences with 775 systems, then I'll see what DDR2 is the best and what boards are running good. .

Im running 1:1 2.5 3 3 8 AAAA SPD Contrlled settings
I've tried playing with these and can go higher with a 2-3-3-6 but funny things happen. I really need to work on this area more to get my FSB higher..I need to read some more on the timings so I can blaze away. My friend at work is at 265 FSB with the same ram/MB. His voltage is corevolts are like 1.68 on the CPU. Im at 1.51

I got my CPU at Ebay.. Tested it and looks like next step is MB and Mem.. Bummer is PCIE Video cards are up and coming...

Back