• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read this GREAT article about the N-Force chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I will upgrade to a nforce 420 when they come out if they live up to the hype and are bug free.

Placid said:
Yes I will upgrade to a nforce 420 when they come out if they live up to the hype and are bug free.

hehe ..............

I think KT266a willbe the best thing you will see before the year is out.

NForce is bug ridden. You try installing XP on it - it hands half way through every time if you don't disable USB, ACPI, onboard audio et al. It really is poor........ but when unstable it is so fast it is untrue.

The slow version ABit had was a stabilised chip, so hopefully when they get it right it should be both stable and fast. Only thing is that I don't see it happening all that quickly.

oh yes i am quite excited about the kt266a even with the crappy memory controller in the kt266 i could get 765 mb/s after some tweaking, i wait contently to see what the redisigned one can do. i will be interested in the n-force after the second revision or so, the first ones are always buggy, like say the kt266

Last edited:
Back