• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Configure printer on network?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hamspiced

hello,

I have a printer connected to a 16 port switch with 8 computers. the switch is connected to a router which is connected to a DSL Modem.

i have each of the computers set to a dynamic IP with matching subnet masks per the routers IP.

All the computers connect to the net fine, but none of them can print off of the printer. The printer is an HP 4600dn PCL6 the data light on the printer does not even light up.

everythnig seems to be connected correctly but i havent a clue what the problem is.

I haven't used that particular printer, but if you haven't done so already you could start by printing the configuration page which will tell you what the built in jet direct has configured as an ip. Then is a matter of going into each computer and running the add printer option to spcify it's IP.

I think this has to be done in the menus on this model, most of the ones I use you only have to power off and on the printer with the power button.

thanky6ou very much... that5s what i had to end up doing.

I made the printers ip match that of the routers gateway and added printers on all the comps.

Thanks a ton man.

Back