• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Fan Mount Utilization

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mybrainisawaffl

Cooling my Celeron 2.4, I have a Zalman Al-Cu flowerbed, with mount. On the mount, I have a 120mm blowing on the flowerbed and a 80mm sucking air off the flowerbed. There's a 92mm as exaust in the back and two 80mm intakes in the front. I'm averaging 33C idle, and to me that blows. Specially with a celeron. So, I call upon your combined wisdoms to educate me where I fail.

yeah but only 1-2*C.
are you using AS5?
remember, zalman coolers focus on silence, not performance. it would help if you specified which model of zalman you were using

The heatsink is your avatar, subtotal. Yesterday I cut out the grills on the fans, and cut a hole on the top of the case for a top mounted exaust fan. Sadly, I'm running the same temps I had before.

zalman 6000? have you tried running a duct to the fan over the heatsink? zalman have a bad habit of re-ingesting heated air...

Back