• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh gee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

I'm pretty sure this isnt good. This drive gave me a couple CRC (cyclic redundacy check) errors before, and its been slow as hell. What should I do with it? I dont have the space to back it up right now, I'll try tomorrow or the day after. SMART tells me I have about 3 months with its precision at 51%. ahh. Bad Western Digital, BAD!

Attachments

• uhoh.jpg
    uhoh.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 91
Thousands of errors doesn't look good to me.

You don't have a self-rounded cable or cheapy rounded IDE cable do you? I've run into problems before with that.

Time to start burning CDs to back up your data if you have a CDRW.

it may say 3months, but you have much longer, I had a hd in work, that told me that it would last 2 weeks, and it lasted for 4 months, and is still working to this day.

I don't like the SMART Tests as well just because they're not alway accurate. However, I would recommend that you get some of the Data Lifeguard tools to check to see if you need and RMA.

Yeah looks like I'll be running some diagnostics on it right away, my cables are from my motherboard, so they are still wide ribboned

Ahhh Oh No!!

AHHH my other hard drive (the other 160 WD) just died on me! It was in better "shape" than this one. NOOOOO thats the one I backed everything of mine up on, and all my digi cam pics :(

What the sh$$

yea, i had my WD100 start giving me SMART errors, then it wouldnt boot windows. i rmaed it, and its replacement has been running fine to this day (about 2 years now i think)

Its just extremely strange that the better of the 2 WD drives failed, it had 3 sectors or something on it. It had all my music and digicam pics :( oh no

It does get detected in the bios SOMETIMES, not all the time it takes 30 seconds just to try to find it, and 75% of the time it does see it, but why not in windows?

Well after some more troubleshooting I got the mystery drive to reappear so I can back it up aswell. But my SMART program doesnt pick up ANY data about the drive except its size/make/model.

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 45
Back