• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any idea when/if that 50% off Dell laptops is coming back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

Subject is pretty self explanatory. I got in on that last deal from Dell and am now looking for something a bit lighter for work. I heard this is something like a quarterly deal and it should be coming up soon. If any of you have any information, please post it here.

moho said:
500 off and free shipping with select online Inspiron Notebooks $1599+
Coupon Code:?5GW2GXN115$V$ Exp Fri 1/14/05 5:59am CT

Any inpiron Notebook? what I am wondering is.....which ones can I get $500 off?.....is it any that are over $1599?

I believe the coupon was actually because they were behind in sales at the end of the quarter, so they sent it out to get a bunch in. To say that the response was overwhelming from what I heard would be an understatement. I received it internally (I think from someone in marketing). I'm not real sure if it was intended to be for employees and was accidentally leaked or was intentionally sent out or what. I know at least three people on my team got in on the deal (I couldn't afford one) :cry: Anyways, you MIGHT see it come back near the end of this quarter (end of Jan), otherwise I wouldn't expect it for at least three more months.

I have heard lots of rumors about there being a similar sale when the new laptops are released (supposdely the 19th). I hope this is true because the only way I can afford the 700m is if the price dips down below $800 again. Has anyone else heard anything about the "rumored" deals coming up this week from dell?

i have *heard* it will happen again sometime late winter maybe early spring...

they just wanted to scare the compitition is what it seemedl ike

Xenocide said:
i have *heard* it will happen again sometime late winter maybe early spring...

they just wanted to scare the compitition is what it seemedl ike

I am hoping it is this week... Cause knowing dell, I probably wouldn't get it until March anyhow.

Someone over at Fatwallet claims he called and spoke with a csr that told him the big end of the quater sale started tonight at midnight eastern time. This, however, is just a rumor right now and should be taken with a grain of salt.

actually I got in on the last deal, I am just searching for some friends of mine. And I am thinking about getting myself either a nice little portable work machine or a desktop replacement :) Depends on the sale. I am still paying off the old laptop, but that one year no interest deal they had last time was too good to pass up.

Gtg948g said:
Someone over at Fatwallet claims he called and spoke with a csr that told him the big end of the quater sale started tonight at midnight eastern time. This, however, is just a rumor right now and should be taken with a grain of salt.

So anything on this?

Back