• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Dual Athlon post......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I'm on the lookout for an MSI or Abit dual A board.... or at least one with some sort of selection for FSB and multiplier. A dual A board, along with 2 Morgans and a GeForce3 MX is going to be the core of my new system come October....

SickBoy

exactly what im after except athlon MP's for me :) looks like abit etc arent gonna be releasing a dual board soon, and the tyan one is kinda limiting, so i may go with a single CPU but more RAM and a GF3 instead of having to use my old GF DDR until xmas....

ok i may be able to get the gigabyte board for my birthday.... hey wild andy C how the hell u get so much insider info? i mean u got a morgan early, and a palomino (or at least i think u did)

If the Gigabyte has a decent range of FSB selections and memory tweaks in the BIOS, and costs less than the Tyan board I'll be willing to drop $100 on golden sockets for it.....

I'm really torn right now, though. The way I see it I have 3 major options:

1. wait for dual CPU socket A boards
2. Wait for KT266A (most likely in the form of an Epox 8KHA+ or an Abit KR7)
3. Buy the Shuttle AK31 rev 2 now. (probably cheapest of all options)

Life is so dadgum hard.

SickBoy

Well I will be the guinea pig for the dual Tyan board, I got it so cheap that I could not resit, and to see two Switfy's on a board is gonna be impressive, I hope they fit!!

is there away of altering FSB on the tyan board? i assume u wanna overclock it trancebear... so you just gonna go with multiplier ?? (using bridges on the CPU not bios, as it doesnt support multiplier changes)

Random Nonsense said:
is there away of altering FSB on the tyan board? i assume u wanna overclock it trancebear... so you just gonna go with multiplier ?? (using bridges on the CPU not bios, as it doesnt support multiplier changes)

I have no experinances with this board and I am going in blind, I have no idea what I will do but some good friends at M$ are helping me with soldering irons and the latest software. We will see.

Back