• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp-m2400+ overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slizer

Registered
i am having problems getting it to go 13x multiplier, i think i have read some time ago that a wiretrick can do the "trick" making me go more than just 2500mhz on this chip.. if it is, is that the same trick used by the AXDA athlon xp cpus?

My system specs
Abit nf7-s v2.0 waterchilled
Xp mobile 2400 waterchilled 37c idle
kingston hyperX pc3500, (cant get them to run stable at 218mhz)
Powercolor x800pro@xt-pe bios 505/505mhz waterchilled
audiogy 2zs
quality 400w psu

Well the wiretrick would work if the mobo had trouble switching between multies higher and below 12.5x but thats not the case with you cause the NF7-s is able to do that without the wiretrick.

once i start getting over the 12.5 multi mine starts having problems too but that because once i start getting over 2.7 it needs a lot more voltage to feed it. you can always try the wire trick and see if it helps, like avg said the nf7 shouldnt have a problem with it. make sure you have the latest bios revision and try doing 100mhz fsb with a 20 multiplier, if that works as it should then you know its not the board or the chip

2.2 volts with only watercooling is way too high. Be carefull not to kill ur cpu. Youre cpu doesnt seems to be a great overclocker.

Ok i dont know y no one has said this yet but , Drop your multy and oc with that pc3500 , drop to 200x10 then start upping the fsb find the wall ( how far u can go with your ram ) then use ur multy and see where u end up . Higher clocks doesnt mean the cpu is faster 230x11.5 is way faster than 200x13.5.

Back