• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Causing Video Problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I have my AMD 2600+ M running a 2.3 ghz (200 x 11.5)
My video card is running at stock speeds and I did not notice this before my CPU overclock. When I am looking at test on my computer it is fine to the left and right but at the Center of the screen, text gets very blurry and seems to be hurting my eyes. I did not notice this untill I had started overclocking. Anyone else ever heard of something like this happening?

I am using a nVidia Geforce4 Ti4200 and a Envision LCD monitor at 1028 x 728 with a refreshrate of 75. What is causing this and what can I do to fix it?

If you look at the picture the first colum of Text is prefectly clear, while the last row is getting much more Blurry.

Attachments

• Fuzzy-Text.JPG
    Fuzzy-Text.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
are you sure your eyes are not fading? all text looks the same

and which is it? you say first column is good, last row is bad. column is up/down, row is side/side.

and if it is indeed blurry for you, saving it as a screen capture JPG wouldnt do much for us. we'd have to physically be there at your computer screen to see the blurriness. and if blurriness is from side to side worse, i'd bet its more likely your monitor. flaky graphics cards caused random 'artifacts' to appear on your screen.

Is that a picture or a print screen? Because if it's a problem like you're describing, a print screen won't be able to show us what you're talking about. It all looks the same to me.

Well since the image looks fine to us, it's probably your monitor that's causing the problem. If you take a screenshot, you only capture what your video card is outputting, and not what your monitor is displaying. Usually they are the same, but in this case since your monitor is blurring things and your video card seems to be working fine.
I would say that first thing you should do is change the res/ref rate, and if you have another monitor lying around, try that. That's the most likely cause of this problem. Your screen capture isn't blurry for us

Back