• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st Smoothwall setup. 2 Qs: folding & more NICs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

since i upgraded this past summer i finally had enough parts lying around for a full out comp. even had an extra 'high speed' processor (as opposed to my 1.4tbird).

Mobo: Gigabyte g7dxr
RAM: 512 Kingston HyperX (half my dual channel kit, need it for fsb)
CPU: Barton 2500 Mobile @ 2Ghz
HD: 40G Maxtor
Vid: ATI 9500 Pro

huh, you ever look back on your old parts and wonder exactly why it was you spent all that money on the upgrade? anyway...

thats more than enough to run the firewall so i'd like to continue using it to fold. i've read this: http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3025270&postcount=10
but i think he forgot to type it in english. really i have no idea what that means, how to make it work, and what is needed file-wise to start working on it.

next, i've got 2 computers that need to share the internet. i know i can just turn on the dhcp and firewall on my linksys router and use it as a switch, but i'd like to know if i could also just add another "green" card to the smoothwall.

thanks

Last edited:
The forum link is borked. Just run the F@H client, use a statically compiled version if necessary.

And yes, a Linux box can act as a switch just fine.

The forum link is borked. -- Fixed
Just run the F@H client, use a statically compiled version if necessary. -- run how, log in a who/what. what is a "statically compiled version"?

And yes, a Linux box can act as a switch just fine. -- great how do i get smoothwall to recognize the extra card as green? orange is no problem but i dont see an option for green

There really is no easier way to get the box to fold - Arkaine laid it out as easy as he could (I know it still looks like greek to the linux-noob).

I never did get my box to fold right, but others followed his method and fold just fine. If you need extra help you could try PM'ing him, he may be able to break it down a bit more for you if nessecary, but I know he's usually very, very busy.

Back