• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web Browser Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

My ISP is AOL for Broadband. I am not able to load half of the web pages I try on Internet Explorer or any other web browser except for the AOL web broswer. Can anyone help me solve this problem? (Hint: I already tried reformatting :attn: )

- I cannot load half the pages as in the pages load for about 2 minutes then say "The Page Cannot Be Displayed." (Yes half or more of the web pages I try) :temper:

Go into Internet Options, then the Connections Tab, then click the LAN Settings button. In there, there should be an option mentioning something about a proxy (on my Mac ATM, don't know what it says off the top of my head), make sure it's unchecked. Try it again after that.

BTW, you probably pay your phone or cable company for internet service, and AOL just charges you extra to use their crappy software. IMHO, you should ditch AOL alltogether, get a Hotmail email address, and download FireFox.

Back