• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re-sitted sink, Here's the code, little advice guys!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Well i just re-sitted my XP-120. I put on AS5. Dam i was **** and putting it on, i really hate it.

Just rna prime95 for a about 5 mins, and Sandra showed 34C, and smartguardian 40C. :D OMG, i hope they stay like this with proper testing, might of been my problem before.

Ok here's exactly what was written on the whole CPU.

ADA3700AEP5AR
CAAEC 0422UPMW
1009142F40070

What week is it then? I have no idea, lol.

Anyways, ill try and fill in the AMD overclocking thing, once i finally find the max clock.

Me dad is gonna make me 2 brackets, so i can put 2 80mm fans above my memory, as im pumping 3.6vdimm through em, hehe.

Im also getting him to cut out the crappy fan grills on my new silverstone case, as iam sure they restrict airflow, and make it well loud.

Now iam seriously pissed off.

Call Of Duty crashed at stock speeds, with more than stock voltage, so it has to be heat.

Backed down everything to stock, voltage the lot, and it was reaching 53c according to smartguardian in prime, and when it shut down after COD, it said 55C in BIOS. :cry: :cry: :cry:

WTF.

I really must suck at putting AS5 on. :cry:

Oh yeah i 4got to say.

I put the heatsink on with 2 of the 4 clips, and pushed it down as far as i could and hardly any paste touched the chip. I dunno what to do. :eh?:

Iam this close to just giving up.

Grov said:
Oh yeah i 4got to say.

I put the heatsink on with 2 of the 4 clips, and pushed it down as far as i could and hardly any paste touched the chip . I dunno what to do. :eh?:

Iam this close to just giving up.

what do you mean by that. That may be your problem right there. Please go here to learn how to properly apply AS5 and then follow the instructions for your heatsink to make sure it is making good contact with the die.

What i meant was when i pushed the hetsink down, hardly any seemed to touch the sink.

Nithing i can do abot it, Iam going to throw in the towel and say **** it.

That link from AS is useless it tell me nothing on what to do properly on A64's.

Back