• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2005FPW, LG 1915S....or????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

I want to buy a good TFT screen, but I can't really decide...
I would like something very nice that can last me a good 5 years...

I used to have an EIZO CRT monitor that lasted me for 8 years and I would like a quality TFT that can survive 5+ years easily...
Then again, TFTs are a bit different story than CRTs....
In CRT you get the EIZO nd you buy quality...in TFT if I get the EIZO I buy superb color quality, but the panel is MVA to achieve that, so I sacrifice games.... not to mention the extreme price.

Then comes the 2005FPW....this screen looks very good and for an average price. I can get it for 570 euros. It's huge, it's widescreen (something controversial but overall good I guess...since I play a lot of WoW which supports widescreen, and like movies).....but I hear lots of problems with the backlight and some other issues. Also, I can't check it for real in any shop here...since Dell.gr orders them after you buy it... And finally it doesn't give me any re-assurance with dead pixels... I will die from anxiety that it may have dead pixels and I can't do anything about it until it comes and I check it....

Here comes LG 1915s....well it's 19" with 12ms, and in an awfully tempting price....only 310 euros. Moreover it gives 0 dead pixel warranty for 3 years....if you got even 1 dead picel they come and change it with a new one...

I don't really know what to do....the Dell seems better overall, then it's a little risky and has about double the LG price (with only 1" difference).I am pretty confused...

What do you think?

Back