• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Product theft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

master_raven

Registered
I work hard and I try to deliver to my customers what they want and deserve. I own Lizard Tree a Canadian company lizard tree I produce a simple wire management product called Chameleon Springs. While surfing the web always on the lookout for resellers who may wish to sell my product. Well the people at frozencpu sell a product that is a direct theift of my product. I contacted them and inquired after it and they informed me tough luck. It would appear that frozencpu did the stealing and are so pathetic that they can not even say opps sorry. I really have a hard time understanding how someone can steal someone elses concept, idea, or in this case direct product and care nothing. I would like to ask that anyone reading this to boycot frozencpu.com I for one could not trust buying from someone either online or at their store who would out right steal someone elses hard work. :bang head

Sorry for the rant. if this post is not in the proper area please inform me and I'll repost accordingly.

Regards
Richard Morton
Owner
Lizard Tree

Last edited:
Hey man, sorry to go offtopic, but those look pretty cool. I might pick some up, from you, and not from frozencpu.

It's sad but due to the nature of my product a patent is not possible, but if it were possible the investment of the $5000.00+ at the time was just not available. I regret I could not patent it and yea that's life but man theif is theif wether the law says it ok or not. One needs some morals do they not?

Ah, I see. I didn't know that some products weren't available for patent.

As an aside, I didn't find the product that you sell on frozencpu.com, so if they are selling it, it sure isn't easy for customers to find it :p

That blows man. The first review I clicked on, bittech, dates back to June '03, so obviously you've had these out for a while. Those do look pretty cool, if I decide to buy, I'll buy from you. Good luck with your venture, I hope frozencpu fails miserably in theirs.

Thank you guys my product is actually better priced from my resellers. I support them first. And I guess that is one reson I'm so fired up about this development, I'm trying and I get stuff like this, anyways I'm really not trying to **** and moan even though that's what it sounds like.

master_raven
do you know anything about which you are posting ?
you sell a product for 'wire management'

what does your product have to do with tubing ?
ah, you were not clever enough to see the application ?
tough, its not yours

FrozenCPU did not rip you off, they sell products - not make them
so you have libeled them

do you know who makes that product ?
do your homework before you run off at the mouth

It is also not alowed to link like that to a site you obviously own and conduct business from in the forums.

I understand your posistion,But then again if it aint something ya can patten you really have no beef against any one who sells them.

BillA said:
master_raven
do you know anything about which you are posting ?
you sell a product for 'wire management'

what does your product have to do with tubing ?
ah, you were not clever enough to see the application ?
tough, its not yours

FrozenCPU did not rip you off, they sell products - not make them
so you have libeled them

do you know who makes that product ?
do your homework before you run off at the mouth

You have some goot points there. but if that is the case then I do have mud on my face but why when I inquired about the product they did not make me aware that they were mearly selling the product. If what you see looks like cow droppings and smells like it do you need to tast it also?. I inquired after the product and based upon the answers and replies, at that time it appeared that I was talking to the person who did in fact hyjack my product and if you would look over my site I have allways listed one of the uses is for water lines as an anti kink device. and it has been on my packaging from day one. So aside from being missled I'm not doing to bad. Would you happen to know who is responsable for this action?

you will be hearing from them shortly
in themeantime how about an appology to FrozenCPU ?

I would actually be very pleased to appology to Mark. Even though his reply to my inquery lead me to the false conclusion that he himself was responsable.

This just looks like a slinky. Didn't you steal slinky's idea.

I really don't see the huge problem here. People's ideas get ripped off every day. Its similar, but its not exactly the same. I guess if you don't like competition you should get out of the business.

master_raven said:
I would actually be very pleased to appology to Mark. Even though his reply to my inquery lead me to the false conclusion that he himself was responsable.

I am closing this thread shortly, I am letting the owner of Coolingworks.com, who manufactures and sells Coolsleeves™ to FrozenCpu have the last word.

FrozenCpu is a vendor for CoolingWorks and Coolsleeves™ is a product NOT for wire management, Coolsleeves™ is to keep watercooling hosing from kinking.

So far you have slandered FrozenCpu, and this is not the way to proceed nor get any sympathy from this community.

Last edited:
master_raven said:
Thank you guys my product is actually better priced from my resellers. I support them first. And I guess that is one reason I'm so fired up about this development, I'm trying and I get stuff like this, anyways I'm really not trying to **** and moan even though that's what it sounds like.

Master_raven,

My name is {redacted} I'm the President of CoolingWorks. My company manufactures CoolSleeves which are coils used to prevent plastic tubing from kinking. You should be advised that this product is distributed through Swiftech and that Frozen CPU is a retailer of this product.

You should note that CoolingWorks has applied for a patent on this product. Further, the use of extruded PVC coils for bundling wires is not recommended due to potential fire hazards. CoolingWorks does not manufacture CoolSleeves for this application nor do we recommend the use of our product for this application.

I have your number and I will be calling you shortly. Regarding your claim on our product and your potentially libelous comments.

Best Regards,
{redacted}
President
CoolingWorks

Personal information redacted at the request of the poster. -hokie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back