• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcp650 Vs Mcp350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

k what pump is better between the 2?
what one is quieter, smaller, has more flow and has more head
i have a ehiem 1250 right now but looking to do better and trying to decide between these 2 pumps
maybe even one day run 2 of em in serires so need to decide what ones better

OutS|der-
1st - YGPM. :D

I was having the same questions. Voodoo Rufus really helped me out.
I forwarded'd'd'd :/ the PM to you so you can read it too.

So the rest of the forums can read:
MCP650 is ever louder than the 600. Search around a bit I'm sure you can find a sound clip.

Thing with the MCP350 is that it's as quiet as a 1048 but has mad pressure head. Take some 3/8" tubing and slip it over the barbs, then 1/2" over the top of that, and you have a 1/2" system. I plan on getting one soon.

The MCp600 is reccomended over the 650 because it performs slightly better over all ranges and is much quieter.

Voodoo

Originally Posted by WarriorII
MCP650 = 1/2" barbs. same price.

Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus
Eheim 1260s have been deemed unfit for H2O use as they dump more heat into the water than other pumps. So between the two the MCP600 is preferable. But remember that the MCP600 is not a quiet pump in comparison to a 1048. I had an Aquaxtreme (same thing), and it was as loud as a panaflo L1A 80mm on full. One pump you might look into is the Laing DDC, sold at swiftech under the mcp350 model name or at danger den as well. Sidewinder sells them for $74.
Voodoo

Originally Posted by WarriorII
whats better a MCP600 or an ehiem 1260?

my 1048 was making noise & i stuck my via aqua 1300
in & it barely moves the water at all.
-no mod to it - yet. super glue the impeller.

And the 350 is suppose to be even better.
In my opinion... I might not opt for it though, it only uses 3/8" barbs.
unless you do the 1/2 mod to it. but it's ONLY $74.oo.

I don't know about this noise thing. I bought Voodoo's pump, and it is no where near as bad as he makes it out to be. Maybe Im deaf, or maybe he is ultra senstivte.

Im really happy with the MCP600, and won't trade it for anything at this point.

He lives in a small dorm room. :) -ultra senstivte

Thanks for that info Fishy. Sound bytes suck NE way.

How would you rate that 600 against some of your prior pumps?

I have the same question between these two pumps guys, I have a mag 5 and well it's big, it's 500gph and the head is high. But also is the heat that it dumps into the coolant. after a hour straight of just running into my aluminum res the watter started at 62f and ended up at 84f ! So Now i'm looking to ditch the mag 5 and buy a 650 or 350. I just can't decide on 1/2" or 3/8". My last system was 3/8" and 1/2". I'm looking at a MCW6002-P for a block a Black Ice Xtreme II rad and a DD fill port. I just can't decide what size to go with for this setup. I would imagine that the 350 would have a higher velocity with 3/8" and a easier time with a restrictive block and a large rad, while the 650 would have an easier time but less push.

It's been a long road so far but I've finally come to the point that it's down to tube size and a pump! and then it's in the mail :D

Also notice, that MCP 350 and 600 have side-mounted outlet, while MCP650 has it in central position. Side-mounted outlet solution is more difficult, but it gives better performance with restrictive systems.

WarriorII said:
He lives in a small dorm room. :) -ultra senstivte

Thanks for that info Fishy. Sound bytes suck NE way.

How would you rate that 600 against some of your prior pumps?

A heck of a lot more powerful. It is about the same noise level as well. Pumps are not loud if you ask me. Heck the fan on my video card is louder than this pump.

i have the 650, it has a noticeable whine. the pc is about 3-4 feet from my ears ;). My pc runs 24-7 and i have no problems sleeping in the same room. Before i w/c'd my system i COULD NOT sleep with it on. Now the loudest component is the 80mm fan in the window if ever decided to turn it up to full speed. There are quieter alternatives, but i consider the 650 as one of the tried and true pumps. Btw 3/8ID here....for now :D

as of right now i got an ehiem 1250 wuth a RBX #4 nozzle,swiftech MCW50 & MCW20 jr-120 rad
the new system will be same 2 swiftech blocks, Storm G4, Blackice Xtreme2 both i'd like to do in 1/2"
the enhiem wont do so need to upgrade, from what i get the 350 is better?
hmm what bout 2 pumps, still go with the 350?

The way I look at it is if size and noise are not a concern and performance is it would come down to the blocks used. The DD blocks seem to have a pretty good sized increase in cooling power as the flow increases like from the 3lpm to 6lpm (the area these pumps should operate in most of our systems) and the added heat should be more than handled by the increased flow of the D4. But with a block like the swifty which is far less flow dependent the DDC I believe should give as good or better temps because of the lower heat dump. I also believe that the MCP600/AQX 50Z is a good compromize since it is quieter and dumps less heat than the D4 and has more flow than the DDC and will perform as good or better than either in most systems.

With all that said I would probably get the 350/DDC since as water blocks get better thier restriction does also (and I dont see that trend changing) which to me means that the DDC will only work better as newer block come out and from all indications has a longer life span than the 600/50Z.

I remember when I switched from a 3/8", Eheim 1048 setup with a Nexxos HP block (German block) to a high flow 1/2", MCP600 with an MCW6002 block, I gained about 2 degrees in temperature (at the same ambient) but the MCP600 was so much louder than the 1048... it was ridiculous. I've used the MCP650 and the MCP600.. and the 650 is much louder than the 600... The MCP350 is supposed to be as quiet as Eheims... and 3/8" isn't that bad if you choose the right components.

MCP350... you won't regret it.

The 350 has 3/8" barbs with with 2 of these it's 1/2" barbs.
ex-tub-16.jpg

But doing that is it worth it? Or will you get lower temps with 3/8's barbs? I'm looking at getting a MCW6002-P and a Black Ice Xtreme II. I just don't want to be underpowered for such a large rad and a restrictive block.

In theory the bigger tubing, the better flow. And better flow means better temperature. Some jsut say that smaller tubing is easier to lay around case and that you don't need "that big tubing". Personally I consider 1/2" superior to 3/8"

Jackyl said:
The 350 has 3/8" barbs with with 2 of these it's 1/2" barbs.
ex-tub-16.jpg

But doing that is it worth it? Or will you get lower temps with 3/8's barbs? I'm looking at getting a MCW6002-P and a Black Ice Xtreme II. I just don't want to be underpowered for such a large rad and a restrictive block.

You will not be able to notice any difference in temps between the two sizes of tubing with that setup. The actual difference I would guess to be in the .1~.2° range at most. That pump has plenty of power (over 13. of head), it just lacks a little in flow but also doesnt put much heat into the water either. The rad will have a very minimal impact on the flow of that pump.

hmmm so with the Storm g4 and the new rad i'd should go with the MCP350?
am thinking of maybe even running 2 of em in parrale so i'd even gain some extra flow
but again what would produce better results, 2 MCP350's or 2 MCP650's?
or even 2 MCP600's?

OutS|der said:
hmmm so with the Storm g4 and the new rad i'd should go with the MCP350?
am thinking of maybe even running 2 of em in parrale so i'd even gain some extra flow
but again what would produce better results, 2 MCP350's or 2 MCP650's?
or even 2 MCP600's?
Here is a graph Cathar posted on ProCooling that shows by calculation what different blocks should perform at will different pumps in the stated system.

pump-block-air.png

Going to dbl pumps would change those a little but from what I gather the best solution would be the MCP600/AQX 50Z over volted by 15%
And the DDC would be about the same results of the MCP650 (just noticed the DDC wasnt listed)

Here is a post with a single 350 ranked with other pumps.

Last edited:
Back