• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent Pins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musawi

I got sent a processor from outpost.com with about 10-15 bent pins and I am quite worried since its expensive and I am a student. so I just want to know what can I do about it? other than sending it back to outpost?

K k, I just contacted them, and they said they can't exchange the processor isnt in stock but they will refund me...

If the pins arent bent too badly, you can try to bend them back into shape with a credit card or a razor. From my experience, unless the pins are bent rather badly, you won't break them by bending the back.

Send it back, don't even bother with it. If they weaken now from being bent back, they'll snap later on down the road when you swap mobo's or whatever. I wouldn't deal with it.

musawi said:
K k, I just contacted them, and they said they can't exchange the processor isnt in stock but they will refund me...
Good, send it back, get your refund and buy it from another company.

I am taking it to the Dell Shop next to my home here and they said they can do it, but not for sure.. if not then I am shipping it to motherboardrepair.com to bend them back or replace broken pins if any do get broke.. As you can see I dont live in the states so sending it back will be at a very expensive price.

lol, seriously the guy there are the most prof in the country, trust me a lot of stores dont knwo what thye are selling.

Well I am going now to Dell... Lets see if they can provice the goods..!!!

Wish me good luck.

Dell said they didn't have the balls to do it, so I took it to some electrical engineer shop and they did it, but when I try it in some ECS motherboard that supports presscotts and 478, they dont fit in exactly. When I take a side view I can see the pins.

I looked at the cpu and there aren't any major bends although I can see some arent totally 90 degrees.

What should I do?

Dude bending around pins is not fun it's possible but if you can get refund then i don't know why you wasting your time with :)

Guys, I applied a tiny bit of pressure and fit in, and I was no longer able to see the pins. I got a physics test tommorow and a bit of homework so I won't have the time to test it into my main system and also I am getting AS5 tommorow so I will test tommorow and tell you guys how it went.

=)

What are the chances of it working?

Back