• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check out this massive hand made heatsink!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
warlock110 said:
6 pounds? that's gonna crack the mobo real soon.

Its not bolted to the MB, but to the case. I think he will be ok, as long as the MB doesn't flex and snap.

my goodness.... That's a lot of work to go through to make a HSF.... Imagine if he drilled it through, and soldered/welded in some copper pipe... and connected it into a watercooling system?

Old news lol...that has been around from the early socket a processors ...

Very nice! I love homemade stuff.
Trying to put Thermalright out of business?

While that is prolly a waste in time/money and prolly not worth it, I'm w/ Sentential in saying, you gotta give him credit for doing it.

That is a nice HS :drool:

Those temps are pretty decent too..... I'm sure there was a huge amount of back pressur though, he probably would have had better results with a blower instead of a fan.

i think he should have left it all spread out like he had it in one of the pics and had a silent fan or 2 blow on it zalman style.

~Magick_Man~

Wow that is a TON of work to make just a pretty basic copper heatsink. I mean for that ammount of work you could make your self a home-made WB.

I wont deny the fact that it is really cool though :D.

Back