• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suse 9.1 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Yeah so on a whim, I decided screw windows and installed Suse 9.1. Now I have some issues

I can't get any sound, and I can't install F@H

My setup is a ASUS NCCH-DL 2.8 Nocona Xeons
I'm using the onboard sound.

Please help this noob

Go into Yast, then find the setup options for the sound. It probably should use the snd_intel8x0 module (or something similar). If it doesn't, change it. Are you getting error messages at all, or just nothing? Also check to make sure the sound is not muted using a mixer program such as kmixer. I have not used SUSE since 7.0, so I don't really remember how to change it. It should use that module though.

For Folding, you can just download the Linux console client then put it inside its own directory in your home directory. Then switch to a virtual console (I use 2) by pressing ctrl-alt-F2 (for console 2), then login with your username and password. Then switch to your folding directory (cd dirname) and type the name of the file of the folding client. If it says file not found, make sure you are in the correct directory. If it still does not work, type chmod +x FAHfile.exe That will make the file executable. Then try to run it again.
If you want to use the Windows console version, then basically do the same thing, except you have to type wine FAHfile.exe.

Edit:
To change your username and other options for FAH, use a file manager to go to your folding directory, then open client.cfg like usual.

Back