• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how high should i go???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sushiman

Ok guys thanks for your help earlier. Here is the setup i got when i figured things out.

p3 866/133 ---> 1040/160
volt 1.75 ---> 1.90
pci 33.25 ---> 40.00
Temp is CPU/36C MB/28 @ full load

everything seems to work dandy (where do i get prime95 at?) I ran sandra (cpu test) and it was fine no crashes... played quake 3 in ultra graphics/ram intesive and everything seemed fine.

@ 170 FSB it would run at 1.1gHz but the pci would be at 42.5 and im not really sure if the ram is ok for it either (it is pc133 not sure what brand).

now ... do i dare push it to 170 or 180mhz ?? Is this impossible. Would my RAM or PCI cards blow up?

Thanks,
Mark

take small steps see how high you can go before it becomes unstable, finding your weak link might take a little work but once youi have figured it out you may be able to clock even higher, having a good HSF on your northbridge helps with high FSB as well as cooler CPU temps, once you really push the FSB temps will be critical if you max out your CPU at 171FSB if my CPU gets to 34C I can exspect a lock up.

Back