• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! AV8 wont run synched

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Im really getting sick and ****ing tired of these mobo issues and A64 in general. :temper:

Need help. I can run asynch just fine with 1T to about 287. However as soon as I try to get the RAM above 220 even with 3-4-4 all hell breaks loose and my mobo refuses to be stable..

Keep in mind that my Hynix BTD43 ran as high as 268 on my K8N and yet I cant even get 230 stable with any setting on 1:1. :mad:

So before I ditch/ebay YET another board I would really appreciate the help. Is it just another bad mobo? Perhaps my PSU? or just a RAM compatiblity issue? I really dont understand wtf is going on.

If I dont get this piece of **** stable I *WILL* be going with an LGA rig and that is final!

Whoa man!!

I dont know much about the a64 abit boards yet but my Neo 2 was VERY picky with ram. First off It did not!! like the ocz pc3700 gold hynix stuff. It does ok with my 3200 plat but was picky with the slots I used. Can you maybe borrow some tccd or something?

Yea I spoke with overclocker550 last night who had a similar experience on his gigabyte. Its nothing more than a memory compatability issue. In single-channle with 1 stick it overclocks normally.

Sentential said:
Yea I spoke with overclocker550 last night who had a similar experience on his gigabyte. Its nothing more than a memory compatability issue. In single-channle with 1 stick it overclocks normally.

I think there was a darn good chance that mem incompatability was the problem you were having with your Neo 2 - not the board or the proc.

I had to try two different (brand new) types before I found one that worked - ocz 3700 gold and ocz 3200 plat.

cmitchellfly said:
I think there was a darn good chance that mem incompatability was the problem you were having with you Neo 2 - not the board or the proc.
Absoltuly different. The K8N had power reg issues. This is a chipet compataility. If it were still the RAM i would still have freezing issues, which I am most definatly not having. Instead my RAM just doesnt clock worth a damn

Sen,

I believe the VIA K8Txx Pro chipset doesn't like running at CAS 3 coupled with high clocks. You could list all the settings you tried with the results. I have a first hand experience with my earlier Corsair Value Select Kit. This chipset isn't the best in the world when it comes to memory performance. Try upping the VDimm to the max and keep it there.

Back