• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

something wrong my my new creative gforce2 mx card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning

Registered
well, i just brought it from internet site couple day ago and it show up to to be no heat sink install on the GPU. can this card run without heat sink ontop of it?? or should i put a blue orb on it?? i'm not interested in overclock this card.

if you are not going to oc it, then it will be fine, it was design to work without one.

i think you better put a heatsink on...
and a fan

working the GPU under high temperature for a prolonged period will shorten the *lifetime* of it

!-=sky=-! said:
this is not possible.....enough said....the gpu will burn up in seconds if there is no heatsink on teh card

This quote above is just plain funny(and incorrect lol), we're not talkin about an AMD cpu but a MX GPU

ymNA has the right idea as it will be fine, i would find a relativly cheap heatsink and fan and slap it on, does the card have holes in it for a heatsink with a pushpin connector? If not Arctic silver thermal adhesive or even a double sided thermal pad will affix it nicely, and surely is better than not having any cooling at all......

But dont be paranoid about running it with no hsf, you'll be fine until you can find a heatsink for it.

i would like to see you rip off the gpu heatsink and do that.....last time i forgot to plug in my fan for my p3 heatsink on the vid card and by the time i got in windows the card wouldnt even be regonized

PUT A HS ON QUICKLY
a blue orb will do
but if u want betta cooling than put a Piii Stock HS as -=Sky=- has sed but that will take up some of ur pci slots

Back