• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

painting the motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Statik

I wanted to use uv paint to try painting the board itself and then also the traces... you know, to try and ditinguish the traces. i was just wondering if anyone knew of something good to use on the traces, like a pen or anything... or would i be better of getting a very small brush and some plain uv paint.

also, would just any kind of clearcoat work... sorry, i just don't know.

i think officemax or officedepot has the uv pens , im not too sure about the clear coat thing but i know people have done the uv pen thing w/o a problem

I read a post long ago about using UV gel pens from an office supply, But not all of them worked. The guy had to buy several brands of gel pens to find the ones that don't bead up.

I am going to be doing the clear coat, but I may pick up a pen and do the traces as well. Or I might do certain other little things with the pen.

Remember, test it to make sure it does not conduct electricity first. You can just use a multimeter.

Also tape off any sockets and anything that may generate heat just to be on the safe side. Good luck! :)

Back