• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stay Away from NewEgg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I just had to RMA 2 Hitachi Deathstars. When I was removing the HD's from my computer the little plastic thing that holds the SATA connection pins together came out with the connector. I tried to RMA It and NewEgg said it had "Physical Damage". Well the account was an old one and got shipped to the wrong address. The next day Fedex shipped the HD's BACK to NewEgg. I just got off the Phone with a NewEgg rep and this is what happened.

Me: "Hi I'd liked to get my RMA'd HD's shipped back to me. They were shipped to a wrong address and I wouldent mind having them reshipped"

Newegg: "Im sorry Sir, but Once we recieve a product back we will no longer resend it and It will be put onto our shelves."

Me: *Pissed off voice* "What do you mean. Your not going to send it back to me? The Hard Drives were deemed to have "Physical" damage and your going to restock them"?

Newegg: "Oh I did not know that Sir, Hold on a moment"
Newegg: "Ok I will call up Services and have those Hard Drives shipped right back to you."

Me: "Ok. Thanks."

Newegg: "Is there anything else I can do to help you sir?"

Me: "Yeah, I just have a question. If these Hard Drives had been working what would have happened? They just would have sat there and you would have resold them without giving me a refund?"

Newegg: "Yes Sir."

Me: "Ok Bye."
'

I can't believe that Newegg would do that. It's almost thier fault. They ignored the return address on the Package I sent to them and did not call or anything to check which address to ship to. Then the had the nerve to say they were going to RESELL MY PRODUCTS. What Bull****. From now on Im staying away from Newegg If I can.

Why would they look at your return address? Of course they would send it to the address you have listed in your newegg account.

they're a company mudpark, not a counseling firm. I think it's unreasonable for them to pay such close attention to every order as you have demanded, not to mention probably impossible (and unprofitable). I've RMAd a couple of "refurbished" video cards because I had a string of bad luck with them(the cards) and I'd be pissed if they called me and I had to wait an extra day because they wanted to make sure about the whole thing.

It's the customer's responsibility to provide the right information and to contact the company(or shipper) if a shipment isn't recieved or delivered to the wrong address. Basically, I think your complaint is just unreasonable and you'll find legitimate transgressions, like an expedited order that doesn't ship for 8 days, and companies that will fall back on their "not a guarantee" policy and stiff you for it. That's something newegg doesn't do and in the end you're getting your hard drives, so really....

I once bought a mobo from the refurb section. Been running for a week so far.

I'm sorry but it also your responsbility to update the account. Other wise this wouldn't have happen.

Yeah I would have to agree on that one, not updating your account information is your own fault........Not Newegg's, not anyone except yourself. As far as Newegg supposely keeping items that get sent back yet were already paid for, that is messed up. In the last year Newegg has seemed to hit a really all time low, I call it real capitalism! :eek:

They've grown to be such a huge company that in order to keep it successful they cut corners or do whatever they can to make as much profit & yet kind of keep the customers in line problem free. Look at the automated price changes they've been doing for a while now, eventually there going to turn RETAIL ON US!!!!!!!!!!? :eek: :cry:

I am not demanding that they pay such close attention to the shipping. The send to the wrong address was entirly my fault. I just am very angry with the, If this gets shipped to the wrong place we steal your money thing.

Back