• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG! I was scared so much.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
Today I was cleaning the heatsink on a AMD 4000+ at my Dad's shop. I put it back on and it says cpu fan not detected, I am like wtf mate anyways for some reason I connected the fan after connecting the power. I am so glade it works again.
I am like Shoot 1000 dollars outta my pocket book. :cry:
Some how after unplugging it and replugging it it worked again.

Yeah I bet you only do that once. LOL
As I am sure you know now and will never forget it again.
I'm just glad everything worked out well for you.

For everyone else

who hasn't had that overwhelming feeling of loss and despair after having smoked something or coming close to it by doing something you knew you shouldn't have. All prerequisites to earn your degree from the School of hard knocks.

Let me save you some tuition money.

Never plug anything in with the power on.

There are other classes out there to attend yet so if you haven't done this yet don't feel left out. Hell I have meet some guys that have done so many boneheaded things they are working on their PhD from Screw University.

Some other favorite classes are.

How to work without a grounding strap wearing a pair of socks standing on carpet.

How to check to see if the molex is secure with the power on.

While it is running would be a good time to change the direction of that fan

Last edited:
Electron Chaser said:
Yeah I bet you only do that once. LOL
As I am sure you know now and will never forget it again.
I'm just glad everything worked out well for you.

For everyone else

who hasn't had that overwhelming feeling of loss and despair after having smoked something or coming close to it by doing something you knew you shouldn't have. All prerequisites to earn your degree from the School of hard knocks.

Let me save you some tuition money.

Never plug anything in with the power on.

There are other classes out there to attend yet so if you haven't done this yet don't feel left out. Hell I have meet some guys that have done so many boneheaded things they are working on their PhD from Screw University.

Some other favorite classes are.

How to work without a grounding strap wearing a pair of socks standing on carpet.

How to check to see if the molex is secure with the power on.

While it is running would be a good time to change the direction of that fan
lol thats great, and yes i have done the last one, not my finest moment shall i say
:temper:
but thats one of the funniest things ive ever read

Edit:
in fact its so funny some is going into me sig

Back