• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800xt-pe solutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NO LIFE

Well i am going back to watercooling. Time to bust out the cascade SS and rig it up! :D

I have been looking into various blocks for my x800 and well my options seem very limited. I am going to use a corsair hydrocool200 unit for a closed gfx card loop. It seems the only option I have that uses 1/4 tubing is koolance. Everything else doesnt cover the ram/gpu....which I need it to do.

I was in this thread that cathar has some sort of "hydra" prototype that can cool the gpu/ram...I want one. Does anyone have some pictures or more info about this? Or any other x800 options?

Thanks

If you register for the Overclockers AU board & look at this thread you'll see an old Hydra prototype. It was based on technology from the White Water. The new Hydra uses the Cascade's cooling technology. I think he is now working on that prototype.

Maze4 keeps my vmodded card below 30C. I use the super bga sinks for the memory.

vmod2.jpg

I already have a modded mcw-50t...but I really want to use a block that will cover the ram and gpu. I plan to vmod both and I would not feel safe with passive cooling on the ram.

Cathar's block will not cover the memory. He's stated on OC.com.au's forums that its actually more efficient to passively cool your memory assuming the memory is putting off 1W of heat which is pretty close to what they give off I suppose from looking at memory spec sheets & doing my own math as well as looking at his own math.

Damn, maybe more efficient, but not as effective. I have BIG ramsinks on my x800's ram right now and they are REALLY not. Plus I have to figure out how to get a lot of airflow over them and it suddenly becomes apparent that watercooling the ram along with the gpu is like x50 easier.

Why cathar why?!?

Hmmm, now that I have an X800XT myself, these ram chips give off a heck of a lot more heat that the old R9800Pro chips ever did.

Mind you, as always, comments made 2 years ago do need to be taken in the context in which they were made, which means the hardware that was in use at the time.

I appologize if you said that a long time ago. I never saw exactly what you said and when. My bad.

Any chance you may be designing a block that will cover the ram as well? I know it will probably especially hard for the x800 since it has ram chips on both sides of the card :\

Plus I have to figure out how to get a lot of airflow over them and it suddenly becomes apparent that watercooling the ram along with the gpu is like x50 easier.

:\

Back