• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H2O tubing... who, what, why, where, how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\/\isanthrope

Registered
OK guys/gals/herms, I've looked and I can't find any info on the different types of tubing... poly, vinyl, silicon, etc.

Which ones are best for what kind of setups and WHY?

I think I like these fittings best as they don't go inside the tubes and restrict flow. How would the different types work with these?

thanks,
dan

if you have a 150gph pump you dont need to worry about what fitting realy

as for tubing Im using silicon I think=/

dont realy know

I just picked up the cheapest I could find a homedepot

Vinyl is the cheapest, while silicon is considered high grade. To me, it doesn't really matter what tubing to use, I can find vinyl in all the sizes I need it locally and cheap.

As for those fittings... weird. Just get standard X/X" ID to MIP adapter fittings, run you anywhere from 35 to 90 cents at any local hardware store. Hell I've never seen the fittings you linked to, ever used in any water cooled PC I've seen, and I've seen all shapes and sizes of water cooled PCs.

~RT~

I am using silicon and vinyl tubing. The vinyl tubing is not as flexible as silicon tubing, imho. I just ordered 10 feet more of silicon to use to replace the little bits of vinyl tubing I have. Just make sure that the ID of the hose matches the OD of the barbs.

Back