• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I/O Voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my experience it has a little bit of affect on stability. If you get a bit unstable in Overclocking a CPU try pushing it up to 3.5 or 3.6. In my 2 Durons 1 a Duron 650 @ 1028 and a another 750 Duron @ 1000 I have the I/O at 3.6 with no ill affects and they run seti 24/7. I have not seen a heat increase with increasing the I/O. So in summary my experience with increasing the I/O has not hurt anything but gain me stablity. I have at different times used 3.8 I/O but do not see any beneficial gains from going that high. I would try a slow and logical progression to upping the I/O as when overclocking there are other components that can cause instablity and not neccesarily the CPU itself. But with the I/O voltage going up some to see if it helps should not hurt anything for testing purposes and may help increase stablity as when you OC you need more I/O and Core Voltages in many cases. This advice comes with not knowing what System you have and so forth so take care.

Hope This Helps Some

Maestro

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice...

My system is:
Abit KT7-RAID
Athlon 1.1 200 FSB
Volcanoe II HSF
Asus V8200
384 Pc-133 Micron SDRAM

I have a KT7-Raid for both of My Duron's so we are equal ground there. and I have 512 meg of Crucial Ram in my box so with knowing your system is alot like mine. I have alot of confidence in the advice I gave. I hope it helps. Lemme know :) I will try and help all I can. I am using a FOP-38 with a 40 CFM 7500 RPM Y-Tech fan to keep things cool here. And all is stable. Also I am running both Duron @ 266 FSB (133X2) the L1 Bridges are crossed and unlocked. You can do the same with your Chip if the bridges are unlocked as I have guessed.

Maestro

Last edited:
Back