• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon X800XL PCI-E for $300 @ microcenter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not bad @ all. iv got a microcenter about 15 minutes from my house :)

Awesome! CompUSSR @ Indianapolis has it in stock!

Do you guys think this is a temporary price drop or should we expect better deals in a month?

i think is gona be at this price for a bit. even if they raise it at compusam other places will be selling them for around 300. so i think 300 is prolly a ressonable price.

I think I heard somewhere (yeah, I know that is a very uncertain statement) that this is the price the 800XL is suppose to be at. Originally there was a shortage or whatnot and so resellers were selling it above the MSRP.

Recently one of the members posted in the ATI video forum that they had shipped his XL from shopati.com (he had been waiting quite a while) - so in theory if they have enough now to start shipping direct, the channel is probably getting them in stock enough to bring the price down to MSRP.

Yeah, that was a reallllly long way for me to say I think this is not a temporary price change.

ryan

RyanJohn2.7t said:
I think I heard somewhere (yeah, I know that is a very uncertain statement) that this is the price the 800XL is suppose to be at. Originally there was a shortage or whatnot and so resellers were selling it above the MSRP.

That is correct. The original MSRP was $350, but it was dropped to $299 before they started shipping. Retailers seem to have decided to keep the higher price, and even bump it up more, until demand per stock dropped.

Back