• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Analyse this screenshot for me plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChesterMcCheese

I'm thinking of buying this 3000+ and 1gb G.Skill TCCD

Can you check over this screenshot to see if theres anything I should be concerned about?

depends on the price for the offer for both items.
not bad result. a little bit high voltage for cpu
and any timing and clock for ram running?

The RAM is running at the standard 2.5-3-3-7 for PC4400.

What are the implications of high voltage? I have a 550W PSU and a DFI NF4 Ultra-D. The voltage shouldn't be too worring for me should it?

Also, the price I'm paying for that chip is the retail price for a 3000+ right now.

i would say the ram is Gskill LE, a nice one around 270-300 usd
i mean the voltage for cpu, not saying for ur current spec of computer.
That would be a nice CPU.
I'm looking for one doing that kind of peformance.
I personal bought a Gskill LA 1G for 299.
I haven't bought A64 motherboard and cpu, i just bought the ram first.
cuz recently CBBID not doing well.
0503 and 0504 can give some hope. but not that much.

although its using a half multiplier which is never a good thing...

hm..
maybe the cpu won't run for 300x9, or just show him the spec with the memory can reach.

I'm in Australia btw. I'm paying $225AU for the chip and $400AU for the memory (which is about $80AU less than retail).

Whats bad about 1/2 multipliers? He said that he was doing 325*8 before but had to change to 8.5 "cuz my board was maxin out its htt *snip* so I had to lower it" (quote). I'm not quite sure what he meant by that.

hm..
i knew many ppl use your board, the board is great, that's all i can say.
could u like to translate it to USD PLZ.^^

I can't exactly use exchange rate, so I'll jus say I'm paying retail for a month or 2 old chip and getting about 16.7% off retail for the RAM

explain the evils of 1/2 multipliers plz

If 16.7% off retail for same product would be nice.
I'm new to A64, dono about...1/2 multipliers
maybe other can help u, but i would like to know the reason also haha

If you can confirm that it is prime stable then go for it unless you want to wait for Venice. The winnies out now suck so why not go for a "sure" thing. My CPU will give simmilar results but fails prime. I also have G.Skill Ram and a DFI board. Now I haven't bothered to find it's prime sweet spot because everyhting else runs fine but I am not happy with it's failings. What is the chip's stepping

but still, Dinzy, nothing is sure. I hope Venice is great, coz i'm looking for a new AMD64 cpu also.

ChesterMcCheese said:
The stepping is CBBHD 0447
Do you know the letters after the 0447? That stepping is really good, I heard people getting 2.7-2.8 on stock air. If I were you, I'd buy it, then if venice turns out to be good (no ones 100% sure), then I'd sell it via ebay and get venice. I don't know about the ram though, if you change the timings, you could probably get something higher. If the guys nice, ask him if you can try before buy :clap: :clap: You really can't go wrong with 2.6 even if thats the peak o/c

Back