• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lian-li v1100 droning sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

I love my lain-li however if i listen closely there is this droning sound. I have isolated it to my hard drives. doesn't seem to be one in particular, just the fact that there are 4 of them (7200 rpm WD). Is anybody else having this problem? Do you have any tips for me? They are attached to the case with special screws you screw into the drives. the protruding screws slide in a special channel in the hard drive cage, and i think they drone because of vibration. I think they are not tight enough in their tracks. Thanks for the help!

i believe OCS911 was refering to silentpcreview (.COM).
i can confirm that its the best place to start.

it's funny someone else recommended me that site today for a reason, looks like a great resource. I'm checking it out right now.

Any loose connection between a spinning motor and the chasis will cause a vibration, whether or not you can hear it all depends on the frequency of the vibration, case tuning etc.

Back