• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok Time Break 9K (01se)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blackmage

ok, i have an Mx 440 and i want to break 9k how would i do this what tweaks are there? driver tweak/windows tweaks would be help full i need aaa full 850 poin increase so any idears of how im gonna get there?

you need more cpu power, also youll need a good clocking mx440. I get 11.5k on mine at 380/680 but its powered by a 2.6GHz winny

In the bios mess with the AGP apature size, and maybe try higher overclocking for just your benchmark runs.

In Windows disable all the background programs you can, go into the admin tools in the control panel and disable as many services as you can to benchmark, Directx 8.1 apparently is the best for 01 so try that, Defrag Your HD, use powerstrip to overclock as it ussually gets the highest overclocks out of vid cards.

You could try the ACPI multi proccesor hack but that makes Windows ultra slow for everything else.

You could try the ACPI multi proccesor hack but that makes Windows ultra slow for everything else.

thats a lie, I noticed NO slowdowns with the multi apic, in fact my 3dmark went up and I expect to gain performance in everything else cause windows now thinks I have two cpus LOL

speed bump said:

The ACPI tweak does not slow the CPU performance down at all...matter of fact is speeds certain area's up...the L2 cache tweak does slow the memory bandwidth down slightly...but benchmark programs will use the full L2 cache which makes up for the slight loss in memory bandwidth...

Another small tweaks that helps...every mark counts...is installing the program directly into C: (or whatever drive you are using)...

Example C:\3DMark03\...this cuts down on the search on the HDD...this can get you another 15 to 75 marks...just depends on how fast your HDD's are and if they are SATA/IDE's...

Back