• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Air in my lines cause a 10 Degree Difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brandon Davids

Registered
I removed about 5cc's of air in my loop and now my processor is running about 10 degrees cooler. Does that make sense?

10 degrees celcius? No way.

I think it's either a combination of the TIM setting and your air removal...

OR

Your WB was mounted wrong and you fixed it.

yeah i cant see it making a 10°C diff unless there was a big ol air bubble stuck in the block keeping much water from touching it but that is extremely unlikely.
the air might have been part of the problem but i would think the tim setting and maybe the block shifted to a better fit somehow.
but these are guesses, so...

~Magick_Man~

have you verified your temp change by restarting your computer once or twice?

have ambient (room) temperatures changed after you bled the loop?

10C is also the number that people have quoted from changing from boot to boot, correct? (ie, boot up once, its 55C under load, boot again its 65C under load)

There definitely was a 7-10 degree difference. I neglected to say that I did change my MOBO. I fried my IC7-G board. Perhaps the board had a voltage problem that this one doesn't. I'm afraid to overclock it now, as the other board was overclocked, BUT I am quoting the temp differences from the stock 3.4 prescott I was running.

Back