• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

540J overclock help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daniel_cps

Need HELP...

i want to upgrade to a 540J, DFI 875P-T, and a 1gb 2x512 kit pc4000 Geil Ultra. cas 2.5

i want to know.. how far can i OC a system like this one on stock Vcore ?? no WC yet (still building it)... should i consider buying a different memory ?

any chance to get near 3.9 Ghz?

my actual system is:

P4 3.0 Northwood 800 HT
Intel D875PBZ (sux... no OC allowed.)
512 ddr400
Seventeam 420W 2.0

tks.. sorry for the bad english... :eh?:

Last edited:
you should be able to get there pretty easily. Look in my sig, and i'm still within Intel specifications for voltage (for what I set in bios and what Asus Probe reads anyways, CPU-Z is reading it high).

Know Nuttin said:
you should be able to get there pretty easily. Look in my sig, and i'm still within Intel specifications for voltage (for what I set in bios and what Asus Probe reads anyways, CPU-Z is reading it high).

nice OC you got there...

i have a 3.0 SL6WU D1 on my hands and can't do nothing to it because of this mobo....

and if i have to change mobo.. lets upgrade... :D

i don't wnat to go over intel specs... i think that 1.385 is a nice Vcore...

mattspalace said:
4GHz should be within reason - don't be afraid to run higher than stock vcore though - the 540J's run very cool.

i've just read your topic about ur experience with the 540J.... how easy can you get to 3.9Ghz ??? you made it look so simple... :D

i'm also glad that it runs cooler... here in brazil its 17:35 PM and its about 30ºC out there... stock cooling is not an option for me... i'm building my own WC but till may i wont be able to finish it.

i can only reach 31ºC like now on CPU temp because of my air conditioning kicking at 22ºC... :D otherwise it would be running idle at 40ºC

lol ill sell mine for cheap! im ordering a 660 tomorrow

ive owned a few prescotts and these are just something to talk about imho they breathe a little more life into the intel product line and gives a boost where its needed....

640's and 540's have the same thermal spec. 6xx's have more cache, but it doesn't do anything to help performance. The only 'real' plus is that it has 64bit capability.

i went from a 28 second super pi with my old 3.4 @ 4.7 and my memory timings of 2.5-3-3-5 @ 1:1 ratio

to a 27 second super pi on this 3.2 and some crappy ddr2 @ 4-4-4-12 @ 1:1 ratio that second came from somewhere and it wasnt the memory or 64bit. i guess it could be the chipset or something to do with the 478 to 775 platform but from what i know about superpi id think the 478 would be faster because of the timings on the memory alone.

The version I have is for SSE2, or at least that's what it says.
I tried it on an A64 and got better scores, so I'm pretty sure it was for SSE2, not SSE3, since my A64 didn't support SSE3.

Know Nuttin said:
The version I have is for SSE2, or at least that's what it says.
I tried it on an A64 and got better scores, so I'm pretty sure it was for SSE2, not SSE3, since my A64 didn't support SSE3.

thats why everyone complains about the validity of the patch.... the a64s atm dont support it. once they do you wont hear people complain about it so much. well it wouldnt hurt if it was an offical release and not someones h4x either but until that time well all just run unpatched and be pwnd by fx-55s cough cough sucka (think hes got a couple 25s runs)

Back